Dear friends,
我亲爱的朋友,
I hope this letter finds you well.
希望这封信能如期抵达,
Please forgive my sudden leave and today’s abrupt break into your lives,
原谅我曾不辞而别 如今又闯入你的世界,
All these years I’ve searching for my answers,
这么多年 我一直在寻找属于自己的谜底,
the ultimate revelation of the cosmic,
宇宙的终极真理,
The so-called meaning of life,
所谓的生活“意义”,
That's why I left,
于是我选择了离开,
because I thought I must become a better person,
因为太执着于成为更好的自己,
and come back to fulfill my so-called destiny,
归来去完成命运对我的安排,
but guess now all I can say is I'm still me,
但或许现在 我只能说 我仍是我,
not better, not worse, just older.
不曾更好 也没有更糟 唯有年华已逝,
A lot of things happened over the years,
过去几年 跌宕起伏,
things that almost broke me,
无数次挣扎在破碎边缘,
And I know now,
现在我明白,
The sad and perishable nature of our lives,
生命的底色就是悲凉和脆弱,
I guess we only realize how small we are,
或许唯有接受自己的渺小,
when the great world finally takes all its toll on us.
才是世界将苦难孤掷于我们身上的启示,
The immenseness of life itself,
生命之重 何以承受,
Any attempt to prove our own existence,
一切证明我们存在之永恒的妄念,
would pale in front of its sheer presence,
在纯粹的此在瞬时面前 多么苍白无力,
Life doesn't have meanings, life is meaning,
不必追问生活的意义 因为生活就是意义本身。

评论: